The holiday season is over, and you’re probably feeling that your waistband has reached its max. If your New Year’s resolution is to get it back to normal, here’s how to succeed with these meal planning tips.
- Nobody else is going to lose weight for you, so take responsibility for yourself. Identify what type of eater you are – bored, addictive, or emotional?
- Try a session of hypnosis to get into a positive mindset.
- Start a sensible, calorie-controlled diet. There’s no miracle cure – eat less, move more, and you’ll lose weight. It’s that simple.
- Remove all snacks and treats from your office drawers and kitchen cupboards, bearing in mind that good meal planning is all about avoiding temptation. Keep a food diary, and start an exercise regime.
- Don’t eat in front of a computer screen or TV. It’s a fact that when you are distracted, you eat more.
- Meal planning 101 – snack smartly! To avoid a mid-afternoon binge and keep your blood sugar stable, eat a healthy, small snack in between meals.
- If your friends and family showered you with gift baskets of candy or chocolate during the holidays, donate them to a shelter or take them to the office and share with your co-workers.
With 6 locations in the Carolinas, In Motion Fitness is not just another local gym! We offer group fitness classes, personal training, massage & physical therapy, nutrition & meal planning, and many other fitness and health services. To find out how we can help you get into shape, contact us today.