One guaranteed way to lose the pounds that you gained over Thanksgiving and Christmas is to pump up your physical activity. The other is to get your nutrition regime back on track. Below are some ways to do this.
- Put smaller amounts of food on a larger plate. Your brain will think you’re eating a big portion, whereas, in fact, you’re eating less and feeling full.
- Before meals, drink a full glass of water – it helps to fill you up, and you’ll eat less.
- Ditch those greasy fries in favor of fresh vegetables. They are tasty, full of nutrition, and healthy. If boiling them isn’t to your liking, roast them in the oven or steam them; the same result with a different taste.
- Snack on fruit. While healthy snacking is important, always choose fruit or nuts, not fattening things like candies and chocolate.
- Make a nutrition and exercise plan at the start of each week. Include time slots for working out and organize healthy meals. This means that, on busy days, you’ll have planned everything, so you won’t need to pick up takeout.
- Don’t go to the grocery store hungry! You’ll buy more food than you actually need, and chances are it will be the wrong kind.
With 6 locations in the Carolinas, In Motion Fitness is not just another local gym! We offer group fitness classes, personal training, massage & physical therapy, nutrition & meal planning, and many other fitness and health services. To find out how we can help you get into shape, contact us today.